The Brownstone Hall was built in 1889. It was originally called the "E-Shaft Hoisting Engine Building" built for the Atlantic Mine Company. The cost to build this in 1889 was $4865.44 which included labor. The Brownstone Hall is the only red sandstone building left in Atlantic Mine, the rest have been dismantled or destroyed by fires.
In 1926, the Atlantic Mining Company dissolved and the Copper Range Company took over their assets and became owners of the building. The building became the Atlantic Community Hall and was used for wedding receptions, card parties, and various other activities. The Copper Range Company then donated the building to Saint Mary's Church and it became "St. Mary's Hall". It was dedicated in December 1964.
The building has changed hands a few times since 1964 and was unused until July 2010. Then Tim & Susan Landers purchased the building and began a renovation and restorative process to bring the building back to its former glory. Their vision for the building to once again be used and enjoyed by the community was successful and inspiring.
In June 2014, the building was purchased by Jon & Mary Kangas. The Kangas family is continuing to build upon the vision of the Landers by restoring and enhancing the beautiful sandstone building for the enjoyment of the community.